20190801

Having a reputation for being a Christian does not prove regeneration



"You may have a conscience that agrees that you are a Christian. You may have a tender heart, a hatred of sin and a love for God’s Word. These are excellent things but again they cannot prove regeneration. Having a reputation for being a Christian is not the same as being born again. No amount of zeal, persecution or patience under trial can prove anything. Even strong hopes of heaven and willingness to die for Christ are inconclusive. In Matthew 7:22, 23 Jesus speaks these sobering words
Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles? Then I will tell them plainly, I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!
There is such a thing as a mere form of godliness (2 Tim 3:5)."
From my book What the Bible teaches about being born again, p 120


No comments:

Post a Comment